Monday

Ann Coulter v The rest of us



There were certain things that along with many of my New York friends, I found distasteful about America and that's American politics. Now leaving the War on Terror aside, there's a lot more about US politicking in the mainstream British media due to the upcoming elections. And I think us Brits should pay attention to this as I think there a few lessons/warnings to take note of. One being Ann Coulter, now this woman's so ultra right-wing she could have been Hitler's' press secretary. Heck, she could have taught Joseph Goebbels a thing or two about propaganda.

But I want you to read this article in todays Independent newspaper about her. In the UK we take it for granted that people like her could never get taken seriously because we seem to view ourselves with a little more rational and logical than middle America, who is increasingly paying more attention to Ann Coulter. Middle England and middle America are scarily similar places. We might not have guns but that doesn't make us any smarter. I mean how much of the population voted for the UK Independence Party and the BNP in the European elections this year?

3 Comments:

Blogger Norman Rose said...

marge-- you and i are on a mission to bring some joy to the lives of the ann coulters. through deep d**king.

uh, you go first.

2:36 am  
Blogger marge said...

What the hell's d**king? Is it ducking? What am I supposed to do to Ann Coulter with a duck..? Please, I don't think I want to know.

1:27 pm  
Blogger shashi said...

The problem with America isn't that Coulter exists, it's more that our society encourages someone like her. It annoys me that people pay her to be so incredibly inept and ignorant about what's going on outside of the tiny box her mind exists in. She's a perfect example of America's solipsism at work. It's just sad, really.

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home