Tuesday

So I recently read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It was OK, but they way it was written kept reminding me of something I'd read before. I couldn't figure out what and then it dawned on me, it's written in the same style as Silver's blog. Again reinforcing my point that our beloved Silver is non other than an autistic boy with advanced epidermal coverage.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was on this 'semi-date' with this girl who's a friend of a friend etc. We're having dinner at this nice bar restaurant place near to where I work. So everything's going fine eventhough the one glass of wine I had went straight to my head and I'm gibbering like a fish. I guess I was too bothered about the date as I wasn't really attracted to her. I mean she's nice but I'm just not really interested. Anyway, I get my wallet out to pick up the check and guess what? My frinkin' bank card is missing. Man that was embarrassing... and she had to pay for the meal. Ouch! I mean I could have been doing anything when I discovered the card gone but no, I had to be on a date...

So I took her for ice cream afterwards as I had enough cash for that, but I spent half the time on the phone to my bank canceling my card. As you can guess there was no second date, ah well, it was a free meal...

4 Comments:

Blogger Norman Rose said...

still broke ass after all those miles. we miss your broke ass.

11:58 pm  
Blogger alex eben meyer said...

did you at least sleep with her since she paid for your dinner? of course, that would be like adding insult (and embarrassment, and a complex, and low self esteem) to injury. you used to be such a cheap date, now a woman has to buy you dinner? the pickings must really be slim for the ladies of the uk.

on another insulting note, this blog is finally updated after many months, and you know what? still boring.

12:04 am  
Blogger monkistan said...

people keep telling me that my blog is like that book. weird.

3:52 pm  
Blogger marge said...

The thing is after a few months with the job I'm totally loaded, infact I dreaming up ways to spend cash right now. Take for instance the hairless anorecsic midget who's typing out this reply. She ain't cheap you know but, she lets me call her Golem if I pay extra. We do this role play thing but it's a different kind of 'ring' she... nevermind.

11:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home