Monday

Buying bread from a man in Brussels, he was 6ft4" and full 'a muscle...



But that's another Brussels tale, but the Men at Work quotes are the best. Like that time my Dad and I were arguing over that frozen pizza, and I just gave him a Vegemite sandwich. Oh how we laughed...

The interview in Brussels went well and I got to see a little of the city. You know, you can always tell the true nature of a place by what the taxi driver says. And the chap said it was all good so there you go! I was looking to try a little French out but was feeling shy about it. I mean I only remember some of the crap they taught us at school. And believe me, I ordered my fair share of ham sandwiches that day. However, the taxi driver had non but you live and learn.

So I met with the Managing Director for lunch at this restaurant by a lake (I reframed from getting the ham sandwich). We even had a lunch time beer (sigh), it was all so chill in that wistful European way. Of course then I did start to wonder about his driving skills after that on the way back to the office, which is in an old mansion that looks like the ones the Gestapo used to torture people in. I liked that Brussels is so mixed with Euro-peeps from all over too, it really does have a nice international feel to it. So after some more conversation and arm wrestling we decided on a general salary range and benefits package etc. Put it this way, if I did go to live there I could live 'very' well indeed. And the hot women index was pretty good too, maybe I should move there... But I won't know anything for a couple of weeks yet. The work's very corporate and that's the direction I really don't want to go in. I don't want to do the same shit I did in NYC all over again. But if they do make me a horses' head in the bed offer I can't refuse I'll head back to spend a few days there really getting a feel for the city before I make a decision. But I dunno, I'm not sure if they will or not anyhow; but whatever (like I'm in a position to pick and choose jobs). I had another interview in London today that seemed more of the usual, blah blah blah for this design studio.

But enough about jobs, lets have another side note. You know, I think Jimi Hendrix gets remembered up for the wrong songs. I mean yeah sure we all love 'Hey Joe' and we can see Joes point that if ones' wife shags someone else; surely one has the right to blow her head off yes? And for sure we'd all like to kiss the sky and watch ploughmen dig our earth, not sure why they didn't get shot at from the watchtower. I mean if you're on the damned watchtower you'd... nevermind. But I think songs like 'Message Of Love, Mannish Boy (Live Muddy Waters cover), and Ezy Ryder' are far superior, go listen go!

4 Comments:

Blogger shashi said...

Living the big life in Brussels with a corporate job or making vegemite for you dad..... tough decision Marge. Stop yer whining and go make the big money and have lunch by the lake every day!

12:43 am  
Blogger marge said...

Fine, maybe I will! Or not, awe!

10:44 am  
Blogger Norman Rose said...

i think after you learn how to spell you should go to brussels! i've never been to brussels.

3:03 pm  
Blogger marge said...

What did I spell wrong?

11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home