Thursday

Is that a sprout in your pocket..?



I'm finally settled into my friend Jim's place in NE London. Stoke Newington to be exact. Lets just say it's an area of 'transition' kinda like the LES ten years ago. But it's going to have to do for the mean time, it's got a lot of good pubs and restaurants. I don't recall seeing a Starbucks yet so it's got that going for it.

I've obviously been occupied with sending out resumes and all that job hunting lark. But as I've been abroad for so long I don't really have the contacts in the design biz here, so it's going to take an age to get a job here eventhough the markets good and there's lots of hiring going on. I've got an interview on Monday with some agency but the most interesting one is tomorrow in Brussels, which I mentioned in one of my first blogs a while back. I had phase one of the interview in the Brasserie of the Oxo Tower which was nice and cool. Phase two is to visit the office dans les Bruxelles to check it out. So I'm popping over on EuroStar for the day. I've never been to Brussels before but I know a few people who've worked and been there and it sounds all good. And after visiting my friends in Helsinki a couple of months ago I got that feeling to go live in Europe again. But we'll see what happens, wish me luck.

On a side note, you know it hasn't been easy leaving people you love and returning to the UK. And I know that they miss me too, even when they tell the don't give a flying fuck and hate me. I know it's just their way of saying that they love me still and 'really' don't wish me to have a long slow painful death by having my nads shot off. You sweeties kissy kissy xxx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nads shot off? hmm. i always thought more along the lines of them removed by a rusty rip saw...
http://www.disstonianinstitute.com/9page.html

12:08 am  
Blogger shashi said...

i feel the marge love.... you're blue hair all stacked up high.... that rough voice calling me to the kitchen... mmm..... pancakes......

2:07 am  
Blogger marge said...

Oh Shashi you closet Silver. But yo Mr Anonymous, I added you to my Europhiles list, if you are indeed who I think you are. The Black Fingernail sends his regards... in a bar of soap!

1:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home